University System Of New Hampshire
Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org • (603) 969-3355
Dr. Stephen J. Reno’s career in higher education spans 40 years, including his tenure as chancellor of the University System of New Hampshire and as president of Southern Oregon University. He also has held faculty and senior administrative posts at the University of Southern Maine and the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom.
A recognized scholar in his academic field of religious studies, Dr. Reno has served regularly as chair of accreditation teams to colleges and universities throughout the Northwest.
Integration of accreditation self-study and institutional strategic planning and multi-campus public systems of higher education, including board development, CEO development and evaluation, and system dynamics
- Executive Director, Leadership New Hampshire
- Chair, Board of Trustees of New Hampshire Public Radio
- Chair, Board of Commissioners of the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
- Director, Board of Directors of the New Hampshire Business Industry Association
- Member, Lumina Foundation Research Advisory Board
- Commissioner, Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Treasurer, State Higher Education Executive Officers
- Member, Board of Governors of New Hampshire Public Television
- Chair, StayWorkPlay, Inc.
- Granite State Award (2014), Plymouth State University
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2009), Business Industry Association
- Honorary Fellow, University of Winchester in the United Kingdom
- Ad Hoc Fellow, Harvard University Center for the Study of World Religions
- Ph.D., M.A., University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.A., St. John’s College (California)