Emporia State University (Kansas)
Black Hills State University (South Dakota)
firstname.lastname@example.org • (605) 645-1124
Dr. Kay Schallenkamp served as President of Emporia State University (Kansas) from 1997 to 2006 and Black Hills State University (South Dakota) from 2006-2014. Prior to serving as President, she was Provost and Vice Chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and at Chadron State College (Nebraska). She began her academic career at Northern State University (South Dakota) as a faculty member of Speech Pathology. While there, she assumed various administrative positions including Department Chair and Dean of Graduate Studies and Research.
Fund raising, marketing and public relations, accreditation, president/provost assessment, team building, and athletics.
- Chair of the Presidents Council for the NCAA Division II
- Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Chair of the Board of Directors for The National Teachers Hall of Fame
- Member of the Boards for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- The Renaissance Group, the North Central Association Higher Learning Commission
- Legislative Councilor for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Steering committee for the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment
- The Advisory Board for the First Interstate Bank (Spearfish)
- Led accreditation teams to Japan and England and served as a member of a consulting team to the Minister of Education of the United Arab Emirates.
- Serves on the Board for the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation, the South Dakota Board of Education, and the South Dakota Board for Junior Achievement.
- BS from Northern State University (South Dakota)
- MA from the University of South Dakota
- PhD from the University of Colorado.