email@example.com • (219) 218-0212
Dr. Soltz served Blooomsburg University for ten years as the 18th President. Dr. Soltz’s goals as Bloomsburg’s President grew from his broad and deep higher education background as Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Central Washington University, Dean of Natural and Social Sciences at California State University, Los Angeles, and Chair of the Department of Biological Sciences at California State University, Long Beach.
His career of 43 years was devoted to public higher education—half as a faculty member and half as an administrator. As President of Bloomsburg, Dr. Soltz concentrated on fiscal stability and sustainability as well as building academic programs and infrastructure for today’s students and those who will follow.
A strong advocate for high-quality, affordable, public education, Dr. Soltz appeared before the state legislature in support of adequate funding for BU and the entire Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Executive coaching and evaluation, Leadership team development, University advancement and fundraising, Faculty union contract negotiation and implementation
- Presidential liaison on the State System collective bargaining team with the faculty union
- Service as Chair of several Visiting Accreditation Team for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Board of Directors of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Vice-Chair of the AASCU Policies and Purposes Committee
- Chair, Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Executive Committee, (the largest NCAA Division II conference with 18 member institutions)
- Ph.D., Biology, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. Zoology, University of California, Berkeley