Our Associates are the backbone of who we are. The AASCU-Penson Center for Professional Development seeks out and finds only the most qualified individuals to serve you and your organizational needs.
Dr. Wayne D. Andrews President Emeritus, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
1193 Potter Lane
Gallatin, TN 37066
• Phone 606-356-5252
Specialties: Board-President relationships; Board assessment and development; Win-Win Partnerships between Business and Higher Education; Conflict Management; Presidential Evaluation; Executive Coaching; Team Building
About Dr. Wayne Andrews
Dr. Andrews, a New England native who made Appalachia his adopted home, has served since January 2005 as the 13th president of Morehead State University in Morehead, KY. He has nearly 40 years of higher education experience at three public, comprehensive universities: Morehead State, East Tennessee State and Illinois State. He has served in a variety of roles, including a tenured professorship in engineering technology, department chair, executive assistant to the president, vice president for student affairs, vice president for administration, vice president for administration and chief operating officer and president.
- State Representative, Southern Regional Education Board (gubernatorial appointment)
- Member, Southern Regional Education Board Affordability Commission
- President, Ohio Valley Conference
- Member, Planning Committee, Shaping Our Appalachian Region initiative (SOAR-KY)
- State Representative, American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- Member, Morehead-Rowan County Economic Development Council, Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Trustees of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- American Council on Education (ACE) Fellow
- Recognized and honored by the Senate of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Morehead/Rowan County Chamber of Commerce Service Above Self Award
- Epsilon Pi Tau Award for Outstanding Contributions and Continued Support for Professions in Technology
- Fitchburg State College Achievement Award
- David Prouty High School (Spencer, MA) Distinguished Alumni Award
- Ed.D., M.A., West Virginia University
- B.S., Fitchburg State College
- U.S. Army, Achieved rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6), Honorably discharged